One of my newly acquainted friend Sherry blogger of a contest blog is looking for a 3 column Blogger theme . This post will only be for blogger reference only if your a word Press user please visit here Asuka she has many WP themes on her site and i know you guys will love it . Ok coming back well there are three types of themes currently popular on the webspace which are :
- Adsense or ad themes
- 2 columnar themes
- 3 colounm themes
CHOOSING A THEME FOR YOUR WEBSITE!
Well firstly you need to choose a good theme for your website before installing it . The graphics should be aligned and the ads should be in a specific position . So your site should look well and compiled . What should you look for ?
- A 125 x 125 Ad spot with a good position (On the right hand side).
- Theme must suite your blog's topic and should be relative
- Taking up more column themes might shorten your space for your blog entries so pick carefully
- Trial and Error method choose a few themes and look for the one that best suites your site.
Here a few websites i am providing you from where you can choose a theme for your self :
Jack Book : The page will open up to his themes just browse and pick a theme you like . You will find 3 column and 2 column themes as well.
There's always an option to do a little searching on google just type keywords blogger theme or blogger templates . You'll find millions of sites hosting some really good templates.
HOW TO BACK UP YOUR FILES:
Thanks to Sherry she reminded me of this i almost forgot about it . Its a really crucial step towards changing your blog theme . If your widgets get removed and you hae no way to get them back then it might be a hassle. So i recommend to make another test blog first before you upload it finally . And if you specifically want the same widgets on your blog . Do the following:
- Firstly download the XML file of your Blog this is the ORIGINAL COPY so KEEP IT SAFE(As shown in the picture).
- Now Open a note pad .
- Click on Layout .
- Open each widget get their code and position and keep saving them in an organized manner in the notepad.
- Install new blog theme copy and paste buy adding new widgets each time you do so !
HOW TO INSTALL THEM :
Well after you have selected your favorite template you just have to download the template on your desktop unzip the XML file and then do as i say :
- Login To your blogger account Goto Your Dash Board.
- Now Click on Layout .
- When the Layout loads up click on edit html (AS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE).
- The html template opens up where your blog's skeleton lies.
- Now click on BROWSE and select the XML file you want to upload and then press UPLOAD.
- It will ask you to remove a few widgets accept that you can always get back the codes later on .
- Check it if your blog looks any better .
- Install widgets Back on Your Blog
There are loads of sites that come up with blogger themes tell me the sites And the blogger theme you like . If you have problems installing it just let me know.
|The Blogger theme of Kukote In A Jar ...|
400 x 300 - 71k - jpg
[ More from s.themes.wordpress.net ]
|Excellent Blogger Themes|
320 x 228 - 18k - jpg
|Free Blogger Templates from Gecko ...|
500 x 300 - 71k - jpg
|DF Theme Based on the classic ...|
480 x 299 - 9k - gif
|... theme converted into Blogger.|
450 x 300 - 167k - png
By Your Sloth Sid